Precocious Line Extension
Precocious is the final project I co-produced in my class Product Development. In this class, I studied the process of product development from conception to distribution using a variety of fashion related goods. In my class, I also explored domestic and foreign markets, and discussed global trade issues. This experience culminated in a four month long group project in which my three team mates and I created a sustainability focused line extension of children’s wear for Anthropologie.
My team and I believed that maintaining a sustainable world was critical for the future of children everywhere. As a result, we focused on using organic, natural dye/dry dye fabrics that were delicate on children’s sensitive skin while also making a positive impact on the environment.
My role in the project included:
- Responsible for the Spring Delivery, including designing the looks, creating the CADs, and spec sheets for both spring and fall.
- Co-wrote the vision statement, mission statement, line and merchandising plan, and time-action calendar;
- Designing Precocious’s brand identity and formatting the book using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign;
- Responsible for sourcing all-natural, organic fabrics and dry-dyed fabrics;
- Created the line sheets and sell sheets;
- Co-wrote the marketing plan, including designing the example digital advertisement and Precocious website design.
Class: Product Development
School: Stephens College School of Design